Salman Khan Get Bail After Spending 2 Nights from Jodhpur Jail

After spending two nights in Jodhpur Central Jail, actor Salman Khan was granted bail by Jodhpur Court in 1998 blackbuck poaching case. Salman will have to furnish two personal bail bonds of Rs 25,000 each.

The bail plea was heard by Judge Ravindra Kumar Joshi, who was among 87 sessions court judges who were transferred on Friday. It is customary for judges to be given seven days for the transition.

In court today, Salman Khan’s lawyers were asked to file a bail bond for Rs. 50,000 and produce a Rs. 25,000 surety from two persons each to guarantee that the actor will comply with all bail conditions. The bail documents were be sent to Jodhpur Central Jail around 5 pm and he was released in the next 30 minutes. But he can’t leave the country without the court’s permission.

The 52-year-old actor was sentenced to five years for killing two blackbucks 20 years ago in Kankani village, near Jodhpur in Rajasthan, during the shooting of a multi-starrer, “Hum Saath Saath Hain“.

His co-actors Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam Kothari and Sonal Bendre, who were in the SUV that the Dabangg star was driving during their alleged late night hunting outing, were, however, acquitted by the Jodhpur sessions court.

Salman’s co-stars and Bollywood actors – Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Tabu and Neelam Kothari – were acquitted by the court for the lack of evidence.

The actor’s lawyer had approached the court with his bail application of 51-pages on Friday, but the hearing was deferred off till today after the judge asked for the entire case records.

Soon after bail was granted to Salman Khan, fans of the actor gathered outside his residence in Mumbai and celebrated the verdict.

He had passed the sentence after seeing the second post-mortem report of the two blackbucks. The medical board report stated that there were holes, one inch in diameter, in the bones of blackbuck carcasses and this could be caused by shots fired from a gun.

The defence counsel had argued in the court that such a hole could be made using burnt coal but failed to establish the same, leading the court to conclude that it was gun shot.

The first post-mortem report had ruled out the .